Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Puppies!

NYRA announced more signal fee hikes (even planning for a 3% reduction in handle; how's that for ya), Monarch - the Stronach betting arm - is fighting for more money from us, and racetracks. CDI raised the juice and that worked out really well for them, didn't it. Handle will be down in 2014 and will probably be down in 2015 if the above headlines are any indication.

I've just about had it.

So, rather than wax on about these issues from a customer perspective (hint, they're really bad for the growth of horse racing), this post will be about puppies.

Puppies.

I went through my twitter feed looking for something for a column (I was searching @chare889 's feed actually), and saw so many puppies. They made me feel good, so here are a few from the past few months.

Puppies.







He might scare puppies.....


Ok, not a puppy, but no twitter mash-up on any topic is complete without Weed Pope....


Could be a puppy, because that's super cute....


Hold it, that's not a puppy....




Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

kyle said...

This is not right. I come here to wallow in the sad morass that is US Thoroughbred racing and you hit me with this. Now I sit here fighting the urge to get the wife a puppy for Christmas.

Most Trafficked, Last 12 Months

Similar

Carryovers Provide Big Reach and an Immediate Return

Sinking marketing money directly into the horseplayer by seeding pools is effective, in both theory and practice In Ontario and elsewher...